Jill Marie Worstell-Benjamin is the sole owner of The Worstell Law Firm, where she primarily focuses her law practice on representing clients in family law, divorce, estate planning, and business litigation matters in both Missouri and Kansas. She is the managing and supervising attorney at the firm.
In law school, at the University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law, Jill was a recipient of academic awards including a CALI Excellence for the Future Award for her work at the MU School of Law Advocacy, Family Violence and Public Policy Clinic, where she successfully lobbied a bill, establishing the Putative Father Registry, which was passed through the Missouri House and Senate. One main motivation in her life is to ensure that each family law client achieves optimal results in her cases. Jill has pursued and achieved specialized retirement planning certifications through the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans.
Jill served as in-house associate counsel, plan administrator, and as a Member of the Company Benefit Plan Administrative Committees at Kansas City Life Insurance Company from September 2007 through April 2012. She served as an attorney and as the Director of Business Development and Client Relations for a national Social Security Disability services firm, Integrated Benefits, Inc., from May 2005 through September 2007.
Jill received her Juris Doctor from the University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law. She earned her Master of Business Administration through the University of Missouri-Columbia College of Business and her undergraduate degree in business administration from Truman State University. Her business and financial focus and specializations serve each client well. She is divorced and successfully co-parents with the father of her children, and she serves to demonstrate to all family law clients that successful co-parenting can indeed be accomplished.
When not working, Jill enjoys traveling, scuba diving, youth-sports spectating as a “baseball and basketball mom,” and spending time with her two children.
- 2005 – Master of Business Administration, University of Missouri-Columbia, graduated magna cum laude
- 2004 – Juris Doctor, University of Missouri-Columbia
- 2001 – Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration, Truman State University
- 1997 – Blue Springs South High School, graduated 4.0 G.P.A.
Certifications & Awards
- 2015 – Certified Mediator for Family Law
- 2013 – Licensed Kansas Attorney
- 2011 – RPA (Retirement Plans Associate) designation through the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans®
- 2004 – Licensed Missouri Attorney and Counselor at Law
- 2003– CALI Excellence for the Future Award for work at the MU School of Law Advocacy, Family Violence and Public Policy Clinic, by successfully lobbying a bill which was passed through the Missouri House and Senate
- 1997 – 2001 Missouri Department of Education Bright Flight Scholarship
- The Worstell Law Firm, September 2004 - present
- Britt Burke Holdings, LLC, May 2016 - present (real estate holding company)