Kurt J. McGuff joined The Worstell Law Firm as an Associate Attorney in February of 2015. His primary practice areas include family law, Guardian ad Litem appointments and probate work. His experience encompasses the private and judicial sectors.
Originally from St. Louis, Missouri, Kurt came to Kansas City following his completion of high school to attend Rockhurst University where he received degrees in History, Secondary Education, and Religious Studies. Following his graduation, Kurt worked within the private sector for a year prior to attending law school at the University of Missouri – Kansas City where he received his Juris Doctor degree in May of 2010 and became a member of the Missouri Bar the same year. Prior to joining The Worstell Law Firm, Kurt worked as an intern for the Jackson County Prosecutor’s Office and served as a law clerk the Jackson County Circuit Court to the Honorable Kenneth R. Garrett, III. He has previously worked for the Jackson County Prosecutor’s Office.
Kurt’s broad range of experience in both civil and litigation matters, as well as his court experience, serve each client of the firm well. Outside of work, Kurt enjoys competing in curling events and spending time with his family.
- 2010 – Juris Doctor, University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law
- Honors in Pro Bono/Public Service Recognition
- 2006 – Bachelor of Arts, History, Rockhurst University
- 2006 – Bachelor of Arts, Secondary Education, Rockhurst University
- 2016 – Certified Mediator
- 2015 – Certified Guardian ad Litem
- 2010 – Licensed Missouri Attorney and Counselor at Law